Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jillian makes things: Beauty and the Beast edition

It comes as no surprise that my love for all things Disney has only increased since childhood. (I mean I love it so much I decided to live and work there).  During one of my many Tumblr browsing sessions I came across an amazing dress made out of Little Mermaid sheets.
  






























I thought to myself, "Genius! I must go thrift shopping immediately in search of Disney sheets!" As luck would have it, I found some lovely Beauty and the Beast curtains featuring Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip.  I decided to make a skirt out of them and here is the finished product and best of all...the skirt has pockets!  




 And here it is in action! Yes that is me, scaring Belle. She asked if we could trade outfits and  I gave her a 100% yes.  I would take that beautiful yellow ball gown off her hands and wear it everyday of my life.  Sadly, we didn't end up trading. Maybe next time!

The pattern I used was Easy: Stitch 'n Save M5686, and I just adapted it to be a skirt instead of a dress!  Hope you enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment