Sunday, August 22, 2010

Travels to 1980

School starts tomorrow. I don't know if I'm more excited to start school or just the prospect of being closer to finishing school.  Either way, its starting and I'll be ready for it.  

So a quick recap of my weekend. Friday was two of my friends double 80's themed birthday party.  Which was "totally radical" and consisted of far too much drinking and massive amounts of dancing.  Mostly by me, because there is nothing I love more than the dances of the 1980s.  We were up till 6:00 in the morning and after a nice snack of hush puppies and a mint-oreo milkshake from the local Cookout I needed to find a place to sleep.  I settled for the back sofa cushions on the living room floor, which later got stolen while I was still sleeping on them. Lame.  So around 7:00 I had the feeling that I was far too old to be sleeping on living room floors and all I really wanted was a hot shower and my delightfully comfy bed.  Next party I think I'll drive myself and drink less.






shoes:thrifted
legwarmers: thrifted
tights:not sure
jean shorts:thrifted
tanktop:handmedown
headband:gift

While this outfit is somewhat ridiculous, I might wear a trimmed down version of it.  I'm really digging the shorts.  Though some people said I looked like an American Apparel ad or a "hipster." I don't even know what a hipster is, nor does my town as it is the size of a thimble. Why can't we all just wear what we like and not be judged for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment