Monday, September 6, 2010

Inspired by: The 1960s

So yesterday I watched the movie Gidget for the first time.  This movie stars the lovely Sandra Dee, and is so innocently sweet, honest to goodness it's the absolute ultimate! (that was an actual line from the movie)  Because in 1959 they said things like that.  I wish I was born around 1945 so I could of had fantastic teen years in the 50s and 60s. Apart from the one-liners, I also loved the costumes.  I want each one of her bathing suits and dresses, they certainly bred women back then to have the smallest waists.  And the men weren't so shabby looking either.  Say hello to James Darren and Cliff Robertson:
If you haven't seen this movie yet, I recommend it.  Also take the time to watch these other 1960 classics staring Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello, Beach Blanket Bingo, Beach Party, Pajama Party, Bikini Beach, Muscle Beach Party, and Back to the Beach. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment